FMB Trading And Engineering Pte Ltd
- About Us
- Our Services
- Products We Make
- Contact Us
We offer welding service in our company. Welding is one of the fabrication processes that involves joining of thermoplastics and metals. During the process, we take metals with low melting point and heat them, then on cooling, they solidify joining two metals. Some of the processes involved in welding include brazing and soldering. Welding also needs a shield to ensure no oxidation or contamination of the filler metals occurs during the process because oxidation can lead to weak joints. It is easy for oxidation to occur especially after increasing of temperature; therefore, shielding serves to ensure strong joints.
There are different welding methods that we use, namely:
• Gas metal arc welding-also referred to as MIG. In this method, a wire is fed at an adjustable speed using a wire feeding gun, and at the same time, it flows argon which is a shielding gas that prevents contamination of the weld puddle.
• Gas tungsten arc welding-(TIG), in this method, an electrode made of tungsten is used to produce the weld, and it does not get consumed in the process.
• Shielded metal arc welding- this method is also commonly referred to as electric welding, it involves using a flux contained in an electrode, it works to protect the weld puddle.
• Oxy-fuel welding- in this method, oxygen, and fuel gases are used to cut and weld metals hence its name.
• Submerged arc welding-this method is more automatic as a consumable electrode is fed automatically. Shielding method is done by immersing in flux.
During welding, energy is important as it is used to raise the temperatures of the filler metals before they are deposited. There are different sources of energy that can be used for the operation which include, electrical beam, gas flame(common), laser and friction.
Benefits of welding service
Having gone through the processes involved in welding, let’s find out how welding can benefit you. Welding has several significance to different industries as the process enables joining of metal parts to come up with a useful product. Some of the industries who are beneficiaries include automotive and construction industries. It is through welding that construction of bridges and other buildings is made possible, it is through welding that automotive industries can join different metals and come up with appealing designs for their clients. Oil rigs apply welding at sea to withstand the harsh conditions. Welding also serves to improve the appearance of products as a more attractive metal is joined with another to promote the final product value. Welding also helps to improve the durability of metals since a weak metal can be reinforced with a stronger metal.