Metal rolling is getting more and more complicated since the requirements of versatile angle rolling increases. This is true for every metal fabrication process, especially, metal rolling, metal bending, laser cutting, welding, etc. But lately, the crying need for the massive upgrade in metal roiling process is being noticed by all the metal fabricators.
The next generation of metal bending machines, equipped with automation and other structural upgrades for stainless steel fabrication, aluminium fabrication, or steel fabrication, was introduced by Promau Davi at a conference in October which aims to push the company into the future.
Seeing an opportunity for growth, Orazio Davi the president of the Promau Davi Italian headquarters, decided to change the company’s strategy and opt for a larger investment into the angle rolling market. By doing so, the company intends to make improvements to already existing technology. They accomplished this by investing in a research and development team to implement improvements based on customer feedback. This results in a complete redesign of the company’s angle roll line. Some of the re-engineered features include:
- Radius-Checking System: The most significant improvement to the company’s line of section roll machines is that it now comes equipped with a system called iRoll-camera, which serves as a radius checking mechanism. This allows workers to check and compare the radius of the part being bent with the model in real-time with the help of a camera, without having to remove it from the machine. This has not only improved the safety of the process since parts do not have to be moved around anymore, but it also allows for jobs that require different radii. This is done through templates displayed on a screen that the operator can use while rolling the part.
- Auto Learning: By using digital signals instead of analog ones, the independent elements of the machine can be monitored and diagnosed through the CNC. However, this is not new in metal fabrication industry bit t definitely a revolution in metal bending and metal rolling.
- Intelligent Hydraulics: This is a redesign to help the customer with larger part bending needs. The machine has independent hydraulic motors and pumps along with high-torque planetary drives that are attached directly to the rolls. This allows the system to intelligently adjust the torque and optimize the process.
- Compact Design: A redesign of the machine frame has allowed a more compact and safer structure, which helps prevents external damage to the machine. This makes the machine much more durable and sturdy.
- CNC Mandrel Bending: The primary objective of CNC mandrels is to effectively reduce or even eliminate cracking, thinning and other defects that occur during radius bending of thin and hard materials. This technology allows for the tightest possible bends.
All of these improvements are incremental but significant, and thus the next generation of Davi’s new angle roll machines help thrust the company into the future. But this is definitely not the end, it’s just the beginning of a new era of advanced angle rolling.